The ruins of the Bethanienkirche are located in the district of Weißensee, around 10 minutes on foot to the west of the lake itself.
The church was built at the turn of the century, and opened in 1902 in presence of Keiser Wilhelm II and his wife, Auguste Victoria. To commemorate the occasion, the tower bell of the church was named after the Kaiserin.
The church was almost completely destroyed during the World War II and was never rebuilt. The only part of the church still standing is the 65m high tower.
It reamins in ist ruined state until this day.