The church is located on Hohenzollernplatz in the district of Wilmersdorf. It belongs to an engavelical congregation.
The structure of the church should be considered as belonging more to brick expressionism rather than art deco, it however shares many of the principals of the two including simplicity and geometric ornamentation.
The building went into a project phase in the 1920s, the work (after project alterations) however started in 1930 and lasted until 1933.
Church at Hohenzollernplatz was opened on the 19th of march 1933, however the chief designer, Ossip Klarwein, could not take part in the ceremony as he emigrated to Palestine to avoid persecution from the rising NSDAP.
The church was almost completely destroyed during the allied bombings in 1943
As the war came to a close, what was left of the building was used as a field hospital during the battle for Berlin.
After the war the church was gradually rebuilt, starting with a makeshift roof.
The last remainders of the World War II damages were removed in 1953.